WELCOME TO OUR MARCH NEWSLETTER!!!
If you would like add to the content next month with your results, races, items to buy or sell etc. please email us here.
If you have not renewed already please do so today. To join TVT in 2012 please follow the BECOME A MEMBER link on our website. Please note that starting from this Friday 2nd March we will be checking 2012 membership at swimming!
TVT AGM (Annual General Meeting)
Your Club AGM will be held on Tuesday 20th March at 8:15 pm. The AGM will be held at Rivers Gym, Scours Lane and will include a free meal. PLEASE INFORM / EMAIL ANDY SHARPE by 6th MARCH IF YOU PLAN TO ATTEND. The program of events for AGM Evening is:
– 7:00pm Group Runs
– 8:15pm AGM and Food
We would welcome help from members in the running of the club, so you are welcome to nominate yourself or someone else for roles on the committee or put proposals to the AGM but these must be in e-mail or writing by 6th March to Andy
The committee meets approximately once every 2 months and we can find roles allowing you to take as much or as little responsibility as you like. Please do your best to attend as it is your club.
Concorde Triathlon will take place Sunday 19th August in 2012. Please put this date into your diaries as we will need all members to help marshal on the day.
The weekly turbo sessions have been very popular and we will continue these throughout March. The venue is the Sports Pavilion, Arborfield Park. (take the Swallofield turning of the big roundabout and turn right into the park after 200m). The sessions will run from 7:30pm till 8:30pm for every Thursday. Please bring your own turbo, sweat towel etc. There is a kitchen available to make drinks etc. The best bit is these sessions are free. If any members have any cycling workout DVD’s e.g. spinervals that we can borrow please bring them to any training session.
TVT CLUB KIT
We are putting in a new kit order. Please e-mail all orders by Friday 3rd March. The kit takes around 8 weeks to arrive so please think about ordering gear for the summer.
Our kit is supplied by Endura. This kit is generally of excellent quality and is worn by many club members for training and racing. The following link should take you to the current Endura catalogue.
CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP RACES FOR 2012
– Sprint Distance: Eton Sprint Distance @ Dorney Lake on Sunday 20th May 2012. Places at this race are now limited so please enter soon. It has come to my attention that you need to be a BTA member to enter this race. For those that would like to race the club sprint champs but do not intend to become BTA members please enter the Eton Super Sprint Sunday race (held at the same location & same day).
– Standard Distance: USN South Cerney Triathlon @ Bowmoor Sailing Lake in Gloucestershire on Saturday 9th June 2012.
– Middle Distance (70.3): Cotswold 113 @ Ashton Keynes Water Park on Sunday 24th June 2012. This race is showing as full but some people on the waiting list have been contacted with places. It is probably too late to enter this race now. OR, another options is Cotswold Classic Middle Distance Triathlon Aug 26th 2012. They are effectively running Cotswold113 again on the same course in August, but are trying to make more of an end of season vibe to it. Entries opened up for this event in the last few weeks and can be had through www.cotswoldclassic.com.
– Handicap: The handicap race is the Andover Triathlon on Sunday 15th July. Refreshingly entries are not open for this event yet please check back to the website
– Novice: Newbury Triathlon. This is on Sunday 2nd September. This event always fills very early so please register early.
There aren’t any triathlons on at this time of year but there are plenty of Duathlons and Mountain bike races going on. There is also the Reading half marathon on the 1st April which many club members regularly run in. Please email us any races / results for publication. Links to 3 mtb races below:-
– Pedal On Southern XC series.
No changes to the standard training this month. Please be forewarned that there will be no training session on the Bank Holidays over the Easter period in early April.
FRIDAY SWIMMING: If you are finding the swim session on Monday and Wednesday very busy please come down to David Lloyd for swimming on a Friday (8pm -9pm). Our new Friday coach, Christopher, is putting together some different sets that will test all swimmers. The facilities at David Lloyd are the best of any of the pools we swim at. Check our Calendar for full address details for this session.
– Marlow Duathlon (7km run, 25Km bike, 7Km run), Sunday March 18th – see for more information.
– John Austin Half Marathon, New Forest. 4th March 10.30am (there is also a 5km fun run for 10-16 year olds). [Direct] online entry and more information can be found at:
– Beale Park 10K. 11th July 2012, 7.30pm. For more information and entry see : www.thames10K.co.uk
– Hart Sprint Triathlon: There is news coming in that the Hart sprint triathlon is now full.
ITEMS FOR SALE