2017 Summer Training Calendar
This calendar is subject to change as some venues are yet to be confirmed. Please check this page regularly.
Please click on the calendar to open a larger version
Future Dates for Your Diary:
17th Sept – Joint Duathlon with Reading Rascals
22nd Oct – Joint Duathlon with Tri Henley
15th Oct – Awards Dinner 4–15pm to 7–30pm
Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the training session starts. Late arrivals disrupt the flow of the session as they miss the introduction and explanation of the session causing confusion and delays. It will be at the discretion of the Head Coach whether to allow entry to the session. Please avoid putting the coach in this uncomfortable situation and disappointing your child.
What Training do we do?
Our main training session is on a Sunday afternoon, normally at Palmer Park stadium in Reading where we focus on run and bike. Once a month we also run a swimming session, currently at Reading Blue Coat School.
In addition, we run 2 weekly swim plus training sessions (optional). See below for details.
During the summer term we run specific open water sessions at Reading Lake.
We also offer dedicated Advanced track bike sessions (see below) for older members developing their group riding and advanced bike handling skill techniques.
We run half day bike training sessions for all levels at Hillingdon Minet Park Cycle Circuit.
We regularly team up with neighbouring junior triathlon clubs for joint training and friendly competition.
Each year the club is able to put forward individual triathletes for inclusion in regional training events and camps.
Swim Plus Sessions
These sessions are aimed at members looking to develop their swim technique and stamina. They are only suitable for those able to swim 200m continually, normally Tristar 2 or above. They are suitable for those who do not already swim several times weekly with a swim club.
The sessions will be taken by an experienced swim teacher who has been coaching triathletes for a number of years.
Parents are required to stay. They can wait in the viewing area.
Advanced Bike Track sessions
These are additional track sessions to our normal Sunday ones. They will be led by Club head coach, Derek. These are development sessions for competent riders focusing on group riding techniques and increase in pace & stamina. These sessions are best suited to those with good cycling stamina already, Tristar 2 and above.
- Palmer Park Stadium, Wokingham Road, Reading, RG6 1LF
- Palmer Park Field, Palmer Park, Wokingham Road, Reading, RG6 1LF (see note 1)
- Reading Blue Coat School, Holme Park, Sonning Lane, Sonning, Reading, West Berkshire RG4 6SU,
- Reading Lake, Copthorne Hotel, Mortimer, Reading, RG7 2AG
- Woodford Park, Woodley, RG5 4LY
Note 1: PLEASE NOTE: This is a public field and there will be other park users. We will do all we can to create our own space but the session may need to be adjusted or cut short if the coaches feel it is not safe to continue.
- Swimming costume
- Swim goggles
- Water to drink
- Road worthy bike – any bike will do to start, mountain or road bike.
- Crash helmet (no helmet = no training)
- Cycle gloves (safety & warmth)
- Tight fitting clothes – no baggy trouser bottoms that could catch on the chain
- Cycling glasses (optional)
- Water to drink
- Winter sessions – Warm clothing, including a jacket and gloves (do not need to be bike specific) are compulsory
- Shorts and t-shirt (warmer clothes for winter)
- Water to drink
Normally the clothes for cycling and running will be the same but it is good to dress in layers so as to take some off when running.